Casting a Wider Net: Expanding Pathways for Lifelong Music-Making
Relevant music education for all students
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Azusa Pacific University
- To expand music education and CATCH all students who consume and engage in music on a daily basis.
- To increase enrollment in music education - CATCH the 80% with our net
- Support and inspire teachers in innovate and new pathways of study, outside and inside of the traditional choir, band, and orchestra.
- Provide direction and encourage new music educators
- Encourage music educators to teach multiple inroads so all students can find themselves in music.
The Casting a Wider Net Team:
Kris Alexander, M.A.Ed.
Executive Director, The California Arts Project
John Burn, M.M.E.
Lisa A. Crawford, DMA
CMEA Creating and Composition Representative, Lecturer at Cal Poly Pomona,
Curriculum Developer & Choral Director, Jr. Conservatory, Orange County Educational Arts Academy
Anne Fennell, M.Ed
Music Educator, Mission Vista High School VAPA & Dept. Chair, NAfME Council for IN-ovations-Chair
Angela Holmes, M.A.Ed
CMEA Special Learners Representative
Alexander Koops, DMA
CMEA Southwestern Section President, NAfME Council for Composition Western Division Representative,
Associate Professor of Music Azusa Pacific University
Russ Sperling, M.Ed, MM
NAfME Western Division President, CMEA Special Projects Representative, San Diego USD VAPA Director